This week: processing 61 rolls of 120mm film from 2020. More contact sheets for Chris Verene. Also, I’m about one third of the way through processing of the film from 2019. Those images are digitized, rotated and re-sized and dumped to a drive to be sent to Mario.
All Decade Project film has been processed except for the remainder of films shot in 2019 and 2020. Long term, I’ve still got to make contact from all the color film shot in 2013 (black & white was already proofed), then I have to either proof or scan all the film shot in 2016. Everything else has been delivered. Slowly plowing through it all.
Transcription continues. I’m working from the beginning at the moment, so I’ve completed transcribing the first 48 entries, spanning the period from August 5 to October 28, 1992. Amusing at times, embarrassing throughout.
The transcriptions of 2007 through 2011 are complete, leaving me the task of transcribing 1993 through 1998. Once that’s done, it’s a matter of combing through the odds and ends scattered here and there. Then it’s done.
The project that demands the most attention has gotten the least. But while plowing diligently through the useless transcription exercise above, I was reminded of the walt mink movie blog and lamented my decision some years ago to delete the majority of the posts I’d published (primarily) from 2003 through 2005. It’s not that I wanted those posts to be online still, but I wished I could export all that content and copy into to the Octopus Google documents. From 2003 through 2007, I almost completely stopped writing this bullshit on my laptop because I was actually working on a film. Those blog posts, were they still available, would help fill out the dead zone in the written record.
Short story: I found them. I have all those posts still. A pleasant surprise. I still need to figure out how in the living F to crack this documentary project and get over myself.